Working Writers Guide to Comics PRINT VERSION
$22 final price. No other additional costs UNLESS you're out of the continental U.S.
The Working Writer’s Guide to Comics and Graphic Novels is a 90 page, graphic novel sized paperback, filled with supplemental images that showcase the concepts discussed.
The Digital Edition of the The Working Writer’s Guide to Comics and Graphic Novels is a 173 page PDF. The digital edition contains everything in the print book, plus a number of the articles from the website, as well as some new edits and additions.
the Working Writer’s Guide to Comics and Graphic Novels discusses:
- The 10 fundamental rules to comic scripting.
- The 4 key elements to every single comic panel.
- Script format (my template is available for dl in the writing craft section).
- Core writing elements necessary for good script execution (Jeopardy, tension etc.)
- The story beat and pacing.
- Characters and dialogue.
- Things to remember, things to avoid and a Q&A section.
- Sample breakdown taking part of a comprehensive outline to comic script.
- Visual reference guide of camera angles and shots.
Storycraft for Comics—everything you need to know to discover and outline your story.
Guide to Comics and Graphic Novels—everything you need to know to take your outline to successful script.
If you buy the book and have any questions on the material presented or on some other aspect of comic writing, drop me a line. I’m very active in supporting the book and answering reader questions.
After all, I write these books to help folks. So, whenever I have a free minute between projects, I’m more than happy to respond to questions, either here on the site in a post or directly in email. I also spend more time than I should on social media (those green buttons somewhere on the right).
** If you're outside the U.S. additional shipping and customs is expected to be $20-30. And will be charged separately after you place the order for the book.